Mason Reynolds, 19, had detailed diagrams of building and said he wanted ‘to make Jews afraid again’. A teenager with neo-Nazi views who made plans to carry out a suicide bombing at a synagogue because he wanted “to make Jews afraid again” has been jailed for eight years. Mason Reynolds had carried out a “very significant amount of planning” for a terrorist attack at the synagogue in Hove, East Sussex, the sentencing judge said. Reynolds, 19, who lived with his parents in Brighton as he hatched the plan, admitted holding neo-Nazi beliefs but claimed he didn’t really plan to carry out the bombing. Sentencing him on Friday, Mrs Justice May said Reynolds had a “startlingly extensive and very concerning collection” of terrorism documents and she considered him dangerous. She told him he had “entrenched and focused interest in far-right ideology and politics”, adding: “One only has to look at the volume and extremity in views expressed in material shown to the court to understand the risk you pose.” Describing a note found in which he detailed how he would carry out the bombing, she said: “There is a very significant amount of planning a terrorism attack … There is a serious risk of harm.” During a trial at Winchester crown court, the jury was told about detailed diagrams of the synagogue on his phone. He had written down times when the synagogue was busiest and marked an entrance, exit and the position of a security camera. The court heard he also shared extreme rightwing videos and possessed manuals on bomb building and how to 3D-print firearms. He was the administrator of a Telegram channel that shared far-right, antisemitic and racist views. He posted that he wanted to “make Jews afraid again”. Reynolds also possessed recorded live-streamed videos of mass-murder terrorist attacks including those carried out by Brenton Tarrant in Christchurch, New Zealand, and Anders Breivik in Norwa

via guardian: Brighton neo-Nazi who planned synagogue suicide bombing is jailed

siehe auch: Neo-Nazi teenager with synagogue bomb plan jailed Mason Reynolds annotated a map and noted the synagogue’s busiest days, the court heard A teenager with neo-Nazi views who drew up a plan to carry out a suicide bomb attack on a synagogue in Hove has been jailed. Mason Reynolds, 19, from Brighton, was previously convicted of having an article connected with the preparation of an act of terrorism and had admitted 10 offences relating to terrorist publications and material. At Winchester Crown Court, Mrs Justice May told him she considered him “dangerous”, adding documents he kept showed “how entrenched your interest in far-right ideology had become”. Reynolds was jailed for eight years, with five on extended licence. ‘Toxic path’ The judge said: “You intended to encourage terrorism. This was propaganda pure and simple.” Prosecuting, Naomi Parsons said Reynolds had annotated a Google street map and satellite image of the synagogue with “entry points and points to attack”. She said Reynolds had an extensive library of manuals, including explosives manuals and gun-making manuals. “There was the potential to endanger many lives. He included references to the days when the synagogue would be busiest, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and Passover,” she said. The court heard the teenager, from Moulsecoomb Way, possessed live-streamed videos of terrorist attacks including those by Brenton Tarrant in Christchurch, New Zealand, and Anders Breivik in Norway.